Resilient file system ReFS Requirements –
- OS Requirements – Windows Server 2012 R2
- Supports Exchange 2013/2016 Databases or later
Resilient file system ReFS Benefits –
- Refs can automatically correct the corruption.
- Even if corruption occurs and cannot be repaired it salvages the place making sure the Volume stays online.
- Scalability is high keeping future demands in mind.
Note : All Application doesn’t support ReFs Volumes yet, Only Exchange Database and Logs files are supported to keep in ReFs Volumes.
Add the Disk –
Bring the Disk Online
- Use GPT (GUID Partition Table)
as MBR has a 2TB limit.
Create a Simple Volume – Choose File System Type – ReFS
Disable Integrity Streams by Formatting the Volume you created –
Format-Volume -DriveLetter x -FileSystem ReFS -AllocationUnitSize 65536 -SetIntegrityStreams $false
Now your ReFs Volumes are Ready for Storing your Exchange 2013/Exchange2016 Databases.