Windows Server 2008R2 Domain Controllers where introduced in 2003 Active Directory Environment.
- Make sure connectivity is healthy between the PDC (Primary Domain Controller) (Open Cmd prompt run – netdom query fsmo)
- Make sure SYSVOL and NETLOGON share is accessible on PDC from Secondary Domain Controllers.
To Rebuilt it –
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate the following subkey in Registry Editor:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters
- In the details pane, right-click the SysvolReady flag, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
- Again in the details pane, right-click the SysvolReady flag, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
Note – In my case the Value was already 0 . So I placed it to 1 and restarted NETLOGON . Shares came up without reboot.
In my case ,had to Copy paste the below folder manually to the Domain Controllers to Pick it up.
Normally if you wait for some time . It has to copy the folders on its own.