Forgot root password to vCenter Appliance 6.0
Most of the Cases –
- Gets Expired by default.
- Locked out by Wrong Attempts
Lets see how to change the root password –
- Reboot the vCSA 6.0 using the vSphere Client.
- When the GRUB boot loader appears, press the spacebar to disable auto boot.
- Press P to Enter Edit Mode
If the vCSA was deployed without editing the root password in the Virtual Appliance Management Interface (VAMI), the default GRUB password is
If the vCSA root password was reset using the VAMI, then the GRUB password is the password last set in the VAMI for the root account.
Choose the Second One. kernel /…
Type e to edit the boot command.
to the kernel boot options.
- Press Enter. The GRUB menu reappears.
- Type b to start the boot process. The system boots to a shell.
- Reset the root password by running below command.
Restart the appliance by running the
Set Password Never Expires –
Login to Appliance
Thanks for your post.However, I tried the default password “vmware” but it FAILED. is there another way i can use in resetting the password of my VCSA 6.0??
Try any other password which was being used by vcenter appliance, if it not accepting the Default password vmware.
vmware password not accepted, last known password used is not accepted.