The following types of content can be archived:
· Peer-to-peer instant messages
· Conferences (meetings), which are multiparty instant messages
· Conference content, including uploaded content (for example, hand-outs) and event-related content (for example, joining, leaving, uploading sharing, and changes in visibility)
· Whiteboards and polls shared during a conference
The following types of content are not archived:
· Peer-to-peer file transfers
· Audio/video for peer-to-peer instant messages and conferences
· Desktop and application sharing for peer-to-peer instant messages and conferences
Step 1 :
Verify Archiving Database exist – if not create one and publish the topology.
Unlike lync 2010, We can combine the Archiving role in the lync front end servers.
or you can archiving to Exchange mailbox dumpster directly.
Step 2 :
Verify Archiving policy exist at user level
(This post speaks only about user level , It can be enabled Global and Pool level)
Enabling Archiving – User level
Scope – User
Archive internal communications
Archive external communications
Step 3 :
Get-csuser sathesh* | Grant-CsArchivingPolicy -PolicyName "Archiving"
Step 4 :
To Export the archiving data . in Eml format.
Export-CsArchivingData -Identity "ArchivingDatabase:SQL003.careexchange.in" -StartDate 6/1/2012 -OutputFolder "C:\ArchivingExports" -UserUri email@example.com