I hope you are on track & if not here’s the quick glance on “Designing for Office 365 Infrastructure” Revising & Deployment Methodology.
Lets continue further…
Although Office 365 can provide an excellent service for the majority of potential customers, there are some scalability limits and potential conflicts of which you need to be aware. Some of these limits may complicate the FastTrack migration process, and some of these limitations are currently not addressed in Office 365. However, there are plenty of mitigating approaches available to address these issues.
Note: I assume in this example(like wise you should consider doing research for other plans) customers will be migrating to the Enterprise E3 plan. Therefore, inherent scalability limits with the mid-sized and small business versions of Office 365 are not discussed.
Office 365 Scalability Limit
Exchange Online in a hybrid environment is only supported with single Exchange organizations.
You should contact Microsoft Support if you are migrating an organization with more than 500,000 users. SharePoint Online does not support full-trust code, but it can be configured in a hybrid arrangement with on-premises SharePoint implementations.
Windows Azure Active Directory
If your customer has more than 100,000 user accounts (previously 50,000) and you are planning to use directory synchronization, contact Microsoft support.
Office 365 Resources
The following resources will assist you to get started with the Office 365 FastTrack process.
- Office 365 FastTrack Deployment Center: Use this site to get the customer facing deployment content – http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=306546
- Office Ignite Readiness : Access to Office technical readiness content, events, and resources – http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=321170
- TechNet Center for the new Office : Get the IT pro resources you need to try the new Office (Office 2013 and Office 365 ProPlus), including details about activation, compatibility, and deployment – http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=321171
- Office IT Pro Blog: Provides frequent topics about Office deployment and compatibility issues. Includes articles about Office Telemetry – http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=195811
- Office 365 Trust Center : Information about protecting the privacy and security of customer data – http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=321172
- Office 365 Service Descriptions: The service descriptions provide detailed descriptions of the services and features that are available with Office 365 – http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=285516
- Service Updates for Office 365 for Enterprises: Here you will find information about the latest features and improvements to Office 365 – http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=195811
- Microsoft Planning Services: Planning service site for partners. Learn about engagement options – http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=321173
Stay tuned for the upcoming articles…