In my Case its a 4 Member DAG . Lets see how to Configure Avamar Backup for Exchange 2016.
Step 1 – Install Backup Agents –
- Install the Avamar Backup Agent on Exchange DAG Members
Step 2 – Service Accounts
Create Service Account for Avamar Backups –
- Create a Backup Service Account with a Mailbox
- Add Below Permissions on the Exchange 2016 Servers.
Get-exchangeserver -identity 'EXCHANGESERVER'|add-adpermission -user avamarbackupuser -ExtendedRights Receive-As,Send-As
- Run the EMC Avamar Exchange Backup User Configuration Tool
Verify Backup Permissions running the EMC Avamar Exchange Backup User Configuration Tool
Check Configure Backup Agent
Click Configure Services.
Make sure All Passed
Run the Avamar Windows Cluster Configuration –
Choose Exchange DAG
Its runs the prerequisites makes sure Avamar Client is installed on these DAG nodes.
Choose Configure new node as proxy for DAG
Choose a Node which which will act as a proxy node for all Exchange Databases for Backup
Configuring Proxy for DAG
The Configuration was successful.
Choose the Advance Settings and Configure DataSet.
- Windows Exchange VSS
- Exclude Suspended Database Copies from Backup
- Exclude dismounted databases from backup
- Disable Consistency Check for 2 more DAG members
You can configure avexvss.cmd with additional entries if backup is failing on backups
–debug For Additional logs
if you have Mcafee in Exchange Environment or any other anti virus products.
Make sure you add below avamar services as low risk processes for backup to run efficiently.
Successful Backups of all Exchange Passive Databases